Sunday, May 14, 2006

"Chair-ity Auction"

Wowie Zowie!!!!
Last night, May 13, 2006, we raised over $3000,00 for the Brush & Palette Club and Gallery! It was unbelievable. Artists paid $5.00 each for the clubs old 70's orange chairs and turned them into works of art and then donated them back to the gallery and last night we all dressed up, had a "PARTY" and auctioned off all the chairs to wonderful people who have a desire for art to stay alive in the town they live in. Isn't that wonderful?

I stood in awe as I watched the auction and heard the bids. I'm proud to say that all 3 of the chairs I worked on sold for almost $100.00 each. But one chair sold for $350.00 and others sold for $200.00! Remember we are talking about folding chairs!!!
And all the proceeds went to support the Brush & Palette Gallery. Which, by the way, is where my art work hangs and I also have a studio space there, so this was very important to me, but also to many other artists who are members.
It was a fabulous night and I haven't had so much fun in years. It renewed my hope in the fact that someone wants art to stay and flourish in "Groovy Grove" USA
And I thank everyone who worked, supported, and most importantly, bought a chair (;-)))

No comments: